Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thing #17 LPLS Wikis

http://lpls.pbwiki.com/Holds

I chose to post all the articles in the holds section in the circulation manual. I found this exercise surprisingly easy. I expected to fight with the computer much more than I did. One thing was interesting. I had first chosen to work with the overdues. Pam was working on it and it wouldn't allow me in. At least it wont let people make changes to the same thing at the same time. That could get confusing. The most difficult part was actually adding the space lines between text. The first two articles allowed me to do it, no problem. The last couple, I could not figure out how to do it without messing up the formating. So, I apologize but those will need to be fixed in the future. As I mentioned in my last blog, I think an ongoing, staff oriented wiki would be good to help us keep up with library "current events". The book lists and subject pages would also be fun to play around with.

No comments: