Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thing #20 Other Web 2.0 Tools

I have an ongoing love for travel. Those of you who were forced to view my daughter's brandy-new passport today already know that! So I chose the travel category and picked the third one down the list. The first two seemed more involved with finding the great travel deals. The third site, realtravel.com is oh, so very cool. First, you can research your different destinations all in one place. It has the hotels and restaurants and attractions, etc, etc that the other travel websites have but you don't have to bounce all over the place to find them. It also has the price comparing option for different airlines and hotels, again on the same page. The absolutely best part of the site, however, was the trip planner. It was so much like my spiral note book that I use once I start planning a trip! It enables you to throw all your destinations and ideas and information out there and then start putting it together in a doable itinerary. It even lets you build a route map so that you can figure out the best (most affordable, least timely, etc) way of planning where to go next. It has travel guide information that you can add from Frommers plus places to put advice from other internet users or notes and links from other websites. After you have finished (or as close to finished and organized as you can possibly get) you can simply email "the plan" to everybody else. Then you can make adjustments and add more stuff!! I was in heaven for a bit.

As far as the library goes, i don't think this will be an overly helpful tool. Beyond informing patrons of all the cool stuff they can do with it, that is.

I know you said to only pick one but I heard Tracy mention the pandora site the other day. I only had a vague idea of what that was so I checked that out as well. Im just starting to build up a song style list for myself but I am really enjoying it so far.

No comments: